Contact us

How to get in touch with us

We welcome comments on our work, and enquiries on children’s rights issues that matter to you. If you have a general enquiry or want to give feedback on our work, please use the form below.

We consider each piece of correspondence to inform our wider policy work. Details of our published and planned work can be found on our reports page and in our annual business plan.

Please note that while each enquiry is read by a member of the Commissioner’s team, we can’t always reply to individual emails from adults.

If you are a child in care, living away from home or a care leaver looking for advice, please contact our Help at Hand team.

Contact Us
Your age
Please note that we list all of our current vacancies on our website.

We do not accept speculative enquiries and will only review CVs sent in application for an advertised position. We also do not recruit volunteers or accept agencies.

We'd like to send you our newsletter to keep you up to date with news related to the Children's Commissioner for England and her office's work and activities. We'll always treat your personal details with the utmost of care and you can opt-out at any time. View our privacy policy.

You can contact us by emailing: [email protected].

If you have immediate concerns about the safety of a child please report this to the police or your local authority children’s services

The Children’s Commissioner’s office is committed to ensuring that all children are safeguarded effectively and protected from harm. If your message contains any information which makes us suspect that a child is experiencing, or at risk of experiencing harm we will make a referral to Local Authority children’s social care in line with our safeguarding policy.

Other ways to contact us

If you have a general enquiry, or to get in touch with the Commissioner, please email us using the form above or call our switchboard on
020 7783 8330.

For written correspondence, please find our address at the bottom of this page.


Please send any invitations to events to our external events inbox: [email protected]

Advice and help for children in care or living away from home

If you have an enquiry about Help at Hand, our advice service for children in care, living away from home or receiving social care services, visit Help at Hand or freephone 0800 528 0731.

Please note that our Help at Hand service is child-led and in most cases we are unable to intervene at the behest of adults where there are no safeguarding concerns. Other organisations are able to offer advice and support to adults.

Advice and help

We are unable to offer advice on private family law matters, intervene or investigate complaints about schools or local authorities.

If you are looking to make a complaint about children’s social care please contact your local authority to follow the official complaints procedure. Once you have exhausted the official complaints process you can make a referral to the Local Government Ombudsman. The Children’s Commissioner’s Office is unable to make this referral on your behalf.

For complaints about schools please follow the official complaints procedure in the first instance. If you are dissatisfied with an outcome, you can make a formal complaint to Ofsted or the Department for Education.

Press enquiries

If you have a press enquiry, please see the press office page.­­­­­

Follow us on social

Twitter logo Facebook logo

Our address

Children’s Commissioner for England
Sanctuary Buildings
20 Great Smith Street