The Office of the Children’s Commissioner for England is a dynamic and creative place to work. We are a small organisation, but we have a loud voice and we are highly respected. We are passionate about driving the changes needed to improve the lives of children growing up in England.
As a member of our team you will work with us to expose how the system works for children, particularly the most vulnerable, and help us to take this message to Government, Parliament, the media and the public.
The Commissioner is inviting applications from exceptional individuals, with a wide breadth of experience, to join our Advisory Board, which meets quarterly in London. Find out more and apply
Our recruitment process is based on fair and open competition and is committed to:
- ensuring equality of opportunity for all applicants, with selection decisions made solely on the basis of merit.
- ensuring all applications are dealt with professionally and in confidence.
- ensuring applicants are treated with respect and courtesy at all times.
- candidates invited for interview will be asked if they require any adjustments, we will make every effort to provide reasonable support.
- procedures are in place to ensure that the OCC is safe environment for the children we come into contact with, as part of our work. All applicants are required to complete a Child Protection Declaration Form and Declaration of Criminal Convictions.
- Development opportunities including access to senior people within our organisation and across Whitehall and Westminster.
- A working environment that supports a range of flexible working options.
- A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity.
- Civil service pension scheme, although our staff are public servants not civil servants.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
Successful applicants are required to provide proof of their entitlement to work in the UK and complete a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service process.
Email notifications of future vacancies
Sign up to be notified of new vacancies by email